Software engineering perspective
- OSS architecture, configuration and release management, environments.
- Testing and assuring OSS quality and security.
- Mining and analyzing OSS project repositories.
- Lessons from OSS for conventional development.
- OSS and standards.
Studies of OSS deployment
- Case studies of OSS deployment, migration models, success and failure.
- Role of OSS in the public sector (government, education, health etc) and 'secondary' software sector (automotive, telco, medical devices, etc.).
- OSS-compatible IT governance architectures.
- Open sourcing - offshore sourcing of development.
- OSS applications catalog (functionality, platforms, support providers, training needs).