IFIP Working Group 2.13 on Open Source Software
This IFIP Working Group, established in 2006, enables a diverse community of researchers and practitioners to rigorously investigate the technology, work practices, development processes, community dynamics within free, libre and open source software (OSS) systems, complementing appropriately other IFIP Working Groups where OSS is increasingly relevant.
Software Engineering Perspective:
- OSS architecture, configuration and release management, environments.
- Testing and assuring OSS quality and security.
- Mining and analyzing OSS project repositories.
- Lessons from OSS for conventional development.
- OSS and standards.
Studies of OSS Deployment:
- Case studies of OSS deployment, migration models, success and failure.
- Role of OSS in the public sector (government, education, health etc) and ‘secondary’ software sector (automotive, telco, medical devices, etc.).
- OSS-compatible IT governance architectures.
- Open sourcing - offshore sourcing of development.
- OSS applications catalog (functionality, platforms, support providers, training needs).
For details about the Working Group governance, such as the list of current officers and members, see the members page.
The Working Group periodically organizes events related to OSS. They are detailed in the events page.